Get in gear for a fall of epic events, career-making classes and style that earns top marks. GS has a sartorial education for every academic pursuit. Steer clear of droopy trousers, dated bags and drab suiting. Look to our editorial for distinguishing attire- and stand out from the crowd, no matter the major. Going back to school never looked this good.
Photography by: Ishmil Waterman
Styling by: Sharad Mohan
Words by: Sasha Ferkul
The Executive MBA Student
- Stand Out– Ditch the dull, dark suiting in favour of a professional, but modern print. Windowpane checks attract the right attention.
- Carry It All– Lose the boring briefcase, gain style points (and clients) with a refined document portfolio.
- Eye for Detail– The straightforward pocket square lends suiting a considered look.
The Marketing Major
- Creative License– Get noticed with upgraded chinos. Elasticized ankles are an understated detail that packs a strong punch.
- Jacket Required– A blazer adds authority to even casual looks. Rock with simple tees or knits to be the big man on campus.
- Pack Light– Tote technology in a contemporary way. Cool textiles elevate the old-school bags.
The Mixed Media Major
- Form/Function– Chasing the latest story means comfort mixed with professional style. Knits are ideal. They layer well and look smooth.
- Key Pieces– Invest in selvedge denim for easy, polished looks that last and last.
- Bag It– Protect technology with a weatherproof backpack- the easiest of the grab-and-go pieces.
The Kinesiology Major
- Size and Fit– Baggy sweatshirts shout sloth. Swap the high school hoodies for vintage-inspired and slim fitting- look cool and on-trend.
- Kick It– Busted up kicks are not interview-worthy. New Balance sneakers update any look, suiting or sporty.
- On the Run– The duffle bag hauls gym gear and textbooks with urban ease.