Equality enthusiasts or member of the LGBTTIQQ2SA community, choosing attire for the most sartorially smashing weekend in Toronto’s calendar is a daunting task. Pulled together, appropriately brazen or somewhere in between, set a new standard for celebratory looks. Vivid hues, flashy prints and New Balance kicks are energetic, on-trend and immediately conspicuous- even in a crowd thousands of revellers deep.
Happy Pride Toronto! This goes out to everyone that celebrates equality, tolerance and diversity. As we hit the streets to join our fellow lgbttiqq2sa community we give pause to remember all the people past and present that have devoted and sacrificed so much to make Toronto Pride such a monumental event not only in Canada but the world! Toronto is a world class city and to have the democracy to host such event is truly a privilege.
In this sprit of celebration we have an incredible contest going on where you have the opportunity to WIN a $1000 Gotstyle Wardrobe. Here is how you can enter:
- Go to our Facebook Page and tell us about your favourite pride experience.
- All entries must be in by July 31 2013
- Winner will be notified by email (Please no phone calls)
With Toronto Pride right around the corner we’ve been getting a ton of messages asking for style tips on how to dress for the occasion. From first time goers to repeat vetrans, dressing up for Pride is much like any other event, it starts with your personality. It’s no secret that outfits only look their best when matched with the right personality. Having said that there are some key bits of information you may want to consider when picking your Pride outfit.
- You’ll be outdoors most of the day. So pick an outfit that is comfortable and made of fabrics that breath like cottons and linens.
- Whether you’re watching the parade or just hitting the party scene know that you’re going to be on your feet for several hours. As such, pick appropriate footwear.
- Pride is all about colour so by all means brighten it up. Splashes of colour are always a good idea.
- If you didn’t know we’re in the month of June, which means its going to be HOT. So, avoid wearing too many layers. K.I.S.S (Keep it simple sailor).